TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2016
How Older Single Family Homes Can have Newer Homeowners Insurance Rates
1. CBS Concrete Block homes have lower premiums than Frame
construction. Hip roof shapes ( like a pyramid), are less premium
than gable shaped roofs
2. Update Air Condenser and Air Handler A/C systems every 20 years.
3. Update electric breakers and outlets and more if needed (Main
panel, cloth or aluminum wires, etc.)
4. Update water heater when needed , wash machine vales, update
under sink and bath vanities pluming stub outs, or re-pipe any old
pex, poly b or galvanized pipes.
5. Re roof 3 tab shingle covering every 15-20 years, 3-D shingles
ever 20-25-years, update metal once every 30-40 years and tile every
7. Add up to date building code 3rd nail in roof to wall clips or straps.
6. Add open protection shutters for windows and wind rated entry and
7. Add monitored burglar and fire alarm systems.
8. Check good credit score or insurance score discounts.
9. Adjust 100% rebuild cost dwelling values where needed. Adjust
personal contents limits where needed.
10. Adjust all other peril and wind deductible's where needed.
Posted 5:36 PM